Welcome to DawnCraft, Make sure you Sign up and Vote Smile

report about names

little_m3
    VIP
    VIP

report about names

Post  little_m3 on Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:20 am

but no image. forum wont allow it.

no images OR links for first 7 days after registering.. makes screenshot posting bit more difficult.
    of course, i could space things out and add junk to the text string to make it work but... bleh. problem is a problem.

*edit* well, you can link images but not links to images. making it hard, kind of. I mean, what if reader doesn't want to see billionxzillion image? thumbnail image or link would be better in that case.

i do understand participants are seeing it only as fun but... oh and that i'm intolerant old prune but still, put some thought into nicknames?

and to prove my point.. a big picture.
    ImJak

Re: report about names

Post  ImJak on Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:47 am

If you find those names offensive, you should inform a moderator or an admin in game.
    But i'm sure Fubzey will look into this.

little_m3
    VIP
    VIP

Post  little_m3 on Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:14 am

well, not offensive, no. just utterly out of.. style and good taste.
    it was going on for a while and nicknames kept changing from bad to worse and back again.

i'm sure such sure names and behavior fit in with certain demographics but it isn't appealing to at least one. (1 of 5,337,177)

i know said names were nicknames. how they work i don't know.. (see lack of plugins list and commands list in other post)
    but in any case, i thought nicknames were not player changeable.. maybe? or not. i'm not sure.

my goal is not to get people involved kicked, banned or punished but to possibly realize that some common sense could perhaps be used.
    ImJak

Post  ImJak on Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:25 am

There is a command to change your name to a nickname, I don't know about level of authority though.
    I understand how this could possibly be annoying and it is showing blatant use of stupidity, if a name would be considered offensive I think it would be reasonable for the player to be kicked or removed of the nickname privelage.
    Fubzey
    Administrator

Post  Fubzey on Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:26 pm

Whats his Real Mc name?

little_m3
    VIP
    VIP

Post  little_m3 on Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:40 am

good question, to which i don't know an answer.

for all i know, it could be anyone from that faction or any number of people. you see, pressing TAB to see who's online, shows nickname. as does chat screen so... all i have is the nickname.

is there a command, which no one has mentioned or told about, to see behind the nickname? if so.. kind of late to know it now.
    on other hand, if i learn it now... i can use it next time.

those two stars next to bacardi name mean one of them is faction admin, maybe? and one star person is faction mod?
    Fubzey
    Administrator

Post  Fubzey on Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:43 am

little_m3 wrote:good question, to which i don't know an answer.

for all i know, it could be anyone from that faction or any number of people. you see, pressing TAB to see who's online, shows nickname. as does chat screen so... all i have is the nickname.

is there a command, which no one has mentioned or told about, to see behind the nickname? if so.. kind of late to know it now.
    on other hand, if i learn it now... i can use it next time.

those two stars next to bacardi name mean one of them is faction admin, maybe? and one star person is faction mod?

If it Happens again Just post again Smile thanks alot for showing this post this can show other players how to Report Perfectly

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:28 am